Cedar Rapids, IA, November 28, 2018 – NewBoCo Launch Day is Tuesday, December 11, at Theatre Cedar Rapids. Launch Day is NewBoCo’s annual event that celebrates accomplishments in entrepreneurship, innovation, and tech education in Iowa.
The emcee for NewBoCo’s annual event is a familiar voice in the Corridor. Eric Hanson, Host of Z102.9’s “The Morning Scramble”, will take the mic for the event.
“Launch Day captures the innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit that makes this area so unique,” Hanson said. “Being a locally owned, Iowa grown company, Z102.9 is eager to support and promote new businesses, ingenuity, and inspiration in the region, and I’m excited to emcee Launch Day.”
Hanson will voice the event by helping weave together the NewBoCo stories of education, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Launch Day will feature pitches from Iowa Startup Accelerator portfolio companies and Social Good Accelerator teams, highlights from Intrapreneur Academy, a progress report from NewBoCo’s Code.org Iowa partnership, and an update from DeltaV Code School.
Launch Day will highlight:
- Jason Logan, DeltaV 2017 graduate
- Osage Community Schools, NewBoCo Code.org Partnership
- Adam Kaas, Intrapreneur Academy – Rockwell Collins
- Leslie Wright, Intrapreneur Academy – United Way of East Central Iowa
- SwineTech, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2015 Cohort
- STRATAFOLIO, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2016 Cohort
- Cargofy, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2017 Cohort
- Center for Active Seniors (Abbe Health), Social Good Accelerator Inaugural Cohort
- Class Composer, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2018 Cohort
- Rantizo, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2018 Cohort
- Member Marketplace, Iowa Startup Accelerator 2018 Cohort
- GSI Works, Social Good Accelerator Inaugural Cohort
- Youth Peace Project (Kids First Law Center), Social Good Accelerator Inaugural Cohort
- Eric Engelmann, NewBoCo
“Launch Day is our annual opportunity to really celebrate the big wins for Iowa’s startups, innovators, and tech educators and students,” NewBoCo Chief Operating Officer Aaron Horn said. “I am really excited to hear everyone on the Launch Day stage share their Iowa impact success stories.”
Admission to the event is free. You can reserve your ticket today at https://newbo.co/launch-day/.
The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative (NewBoCo) is a 501(c)(3) organization located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. NewBoCo’s programming supports entrepreneurship, innovation, and tech education to help Iowans become more resilient and thrive in a changing economy.
Media contact: Jessalyn Holdcraft, email@example.com