– or –
There are so many opportunities for kids to experiment and play with technology, but preparing students to be creators instead of consumers doesn’t only happen in front of a computer! Tiny TechiesSM will help students build computational thinking and problem-solving skills, be creative, and practice working together. In an increasingly technology-driven world, these are all skills that will help them as they grow and prepare for jobs that don’t yet exist. The best part is that we’ll do this through hands-on activities that will get them moving, building, and thinking!
- Funding is available through the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council Scale-Up Program. Scale-Up Awards are available for in-school and out-of-school educators. Applications and more information about the Iowa Scale-Up Program can be found here.
- The Computer Science Professional Development Incentive Fund can be used for all of our computer science professional development options, including Project GUTS. Reach out to our team at email@example.com for more information about this funding opportunity
- 1 hour of teacher relicensure or grad credit available through the AEA
- Hello Ruby books
- Cubetto robot base set
- Additional Cubetto mats + books
- Learning Beautiful materials
- Tangrams set
- Squishy Circuit materials
- Snap Circuits Jr. set
- Discover and ask, “Where are the computers around us?”
- Pattern recognition and breaking down problems into smaller parts
- Explore electricity using conductive playdough, Snap Circuits, and more
- Integrating computer science and literacy
- Explore programming concepts (functions, loops, decisions) through movement and food
Check back soon for upcoming workshop dates!
“I had to reschedule [my son's] appointment because he insisted on not missing Tiny Techies!”
“Thank you so much for teaching this class and introducing kiddos to the tech world in a fun way!