Iowa Startup Accelerator (ISA), supported by ISA Ventures and powered by NewBoCo, is a unique 6-month accelerator with rolling admission and access to four distinct stages of investment for Iowa-based startup businesses. The accelerator program provides investment capital and a stage-specific bundle of resources appropriate for scaling your startup.
Companies begin the Accelerator at the Foundation stage with a $25K investment with potential for an additional $75K investment as mutually established benchmarks are achieved. Unlike most accelerators, ISA grows with companies, and provides a progression of resources appropriate for each stage.
– or –
Resources & Perks
- 1:1 coaching by our staff, including regular reviews of your business performance, including review of your business KPIs;
- Strategic planning and review with a small cohort of companies at a similar lifecycle stage;
- CEO roundtable discussions with peer CEOs in your cohort;
- Educational workshops with industry experts on topics like sales, marketing, operations, finance and more;
- Founder Fireside chats, in which we interview founders who’ve built, grown, and exited companies about their stories privately for you and your cohort;
- Regular office hours with ISA Ventures staff;
- Access to ISA’s extensive mentor pool when and where needed.
- Priority access to NewBoCo’s staff of experts including advanced software engineers, digital marketers, user experience professionals, graphic designers, videographers, and more, available on a discounted contract basis and subject to scheduling constraints;
- Access to technology perks worth hundreds of thousand of dollars in discounts, including AWS and Google Cloud credits, CRM systems like Hubspot and Pipedrive, payroll software like Gusto, email systems like Sendgrid, cap table management in Carta, and payment processing via Stripe
- Established Startup (pre-(or early) revenue)
- Must be Iowa-Based
- Scalable on a national level with a realistic and visible path to a successful exit and or ROI
- Team of experienced co-founders (preferred)
- Demonstrated customer knowledge
- Demonstrated product / service knowledge
- Able to articulate / demonstrate a competitive advantage and value proposition.
- Complete and submit the application (deadline: Friday, August 12, 2022)
- Qualified applicants will participate in at least two “interviews”
- Give a product/service pitch (no longer than 10 minutes) followed by brief Q&A
- Deep-dive business analysis and discussion
- Selection will be made by September 2, 2022
- Applications are due Friday, August 12, 2022
- Selection will be complete by September 2, 2022 at the latest
- Program starts September 19 – 20, 2022 (face-to-face in Cedar Rapids)
- Majority of programs* will be virtual (Zoom)
- One day of face-to-face programming in Des Moines (tentatively, November 15, 2022)
- Holiday Celebration, in Cedar Rapids (tentatively December 16, 2022)
NewBoCo's Innovation Services offers a full suite of services to take your startup to the next level. We offer web and application programming, Agile and leadership development, creative and design services, marketing services, WordPress development, and hardware prototyping and engineering.
ISA Ventures is Iowa’s first multi-stage venture capital studio, working closely with founders to build Iowa-based companies through their growth and evolution. We focus on companies in biotechnology, healthcare, and medical tech; education tech; engineering and automation tech; agriculture, food & bio-processing tech; insurance & finance tech; and transportation & logistics technologies.
Visit our venture capital partner
NewBoCo is proud to be part of GAN, a highly curated community of accelerators, all over the world. Being a part of the GAN network means that our startups have access to things like more than $1M in perks, opportunities to work out of any GAN Accelerator around the world for up to two weeks each, connections to corporate partners, possible investment from GAN Ventures, and more.
Visit the accelerator network