[vc_row padding_top=”0px” padding_bottom=”0px”][vc_column fade_animation_offset=”45px” width=”1/1″][text_output]During the past month, the Iowa Startup Accelerator hit the road to build stronger connections across the nation. From San Diego to Baltimore to Denver, they’ve put on the miles.
Some of the many highlights:
- Streamweaver traveled to San Diego for TwitchCon to connect with leading experts in the eSports industry. TwitchCon is a celebration of all things Twitch, connecting streamers, viewers, tech companies, and agencies.
- ISA Managing Director David Tominsky traveled to Baltimore, Maryland, as a member of the Startup Champions Network. Startup Champions Network is a group of 50 thought leaders from around the US that are focused on ecosystem development for a community that foster entrepreneurship. SCN grew out of a White House initiative, Startup America Partnership, that became part of UP Global. In Baltimore, SCN hosted its latest bi-annual summit to bring leaders together. The theme was inclusion and how to design ecosystems that value inclusivity, diversity, and integration.
- The 2016 cohort traveled to Denver to participate in the Global Accelerator Network’s Founder Rally. This event brought together accelerators and founders from all over the world to build connections and discuss better business.
We’re not done, though! Travel continues next week for the 2016 cohort. On Wednesday, October 12th, the cohort will spend the day in Ames and Des Moines meeting with mentors and thought leaders in various industries.
Here’s our current schedule:
- 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.: Meet and greet with the ISU Startup Factory cohort, CYstarters cohort, and the Startup Ames community at the ISU Core Facility.
- 11:15 – 11:30 a.m.: Tour Gravitate
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Lunch with Gravitate and community members
- 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.: Meet at the Global Insurance Accelerator and host office hours/speed dating mentors
- 4:30 p.m.: Meeting with Debi Durham of the Iowa Economic Development Authority
- 5:00 p.m.: Dinner with Matt Kinley
If you’re connected to the Des Moines or Ames areas and want to help build a statewide entrepreneurial ecosystem, please get in touch with us. We’d love to meet up with you! You can email David Tominsky at email@example.com[/text_output][/vc_column][/vc_row]