[vc_row padding_top=”0px” padding_bottom=”0px”][vc_column fade_animation_offset=”45px” width=”1/1″][text_output]On January 31, Laura Kaiden celebrated one year at NewBoCo.
Before Laura officially joined the team, she was with Rausch Productions, which helped produce past NewBoCo Launch Days. She joined the NewBoCo team in 2017 as an Events Specialist. Since then, she has been part of the team that produces EntreFEST, co-organized Startup Weekend Cedar Rapids, co-organizes 1 Million Cups Iowa City/Cedar Rapids, and helped bring back Power Ladies Lunch for its third year.
The NewBoCo team wanted to share a few of their favorite memories and traits to celebrate a year of Laura Kaiden.
- Laura does EVERYTHING with such grace and a huge smile on her face!
- The times I have that I have worked with Laura, the one thing I really notice is her ability to stay super calm and positive under pressure. That’s super valuable and a trait I wish I had more of.
- My favorite memory of Laura was her jumping over and diving under the caution tape while cleaning up EntreFEST. It was an SNL skit in the making. Her comedic timing is perfect. She is always a joy to be around.
- She’s always ready to brainstorm and think of big fun out of the box ideas. Nothing is off limits.
- I loved working the tent with her at Market After Dark. She was so fun with the customers and other tent staffers.
- Laura brings creativity, humor and life to the office! Whether she’s putting art up around the space (cause, why not?) or organizing an informal coffee cupping sesh, she’s always full of great ideas and delivers them with pizazz. As an expert event planner, she has a level of calm about her, no matter the situation. Whether she’s bringing in a platter of her infamous macaroons to share or sporting a stylish new look, Laura brings a whole lot of spunk to our workplace that can’t be matched! Plus, she’s hilarious, talented, and a great leader.
- Laura is an amazing listener. She is great at taking in feedback, processing it, and presenting solutions. She brings such great leadership to our team and it’s been awesome getting to work with her!
- Laura is an event planning queen. She’s always prepared, able to tackle any crazy requests, and has an ear for great live music talent.
- My favorite memories of Laura include late night work hustling at EntreFEST, making sure 1MC is epic every week, and that one time we were drinking keg beer with Krakauer on the front patio.
- Laura always shows me really cool houses for sale!
- She goes with the flow and is confident that everything will work out. She’s cool, calm, and collected and makes things happen with her magic.
- I love that Laura makes sure that we have staff outings and support the community. She made sure that we ran a beer tent for the Market After Dark, and it was a blast
- Work should be fun and Laura definitely makes it that.
- I love her sense of humor and her sense of style and design.
- One of my favorite memories was when Laura led a self care night for some of the ladies on staff. It was fun and relaxing and a nice way to spend time with coworkers.
- The evening after EntreFEST when everything was said and done we had a great time celebrating and people watching in downtown Iowa City.
- I love her positivity and calm vibes.
- Laura is REAL. While she has a filter, I love that she can…unfilter at a moments notice. That, and all of her food related accessories make her a fun person to be around AND work with.