[vc_row padding_top=”0px” padding_bottom=”0px”][vc_column fade_animation_offset=”45px” width=”1/1″][text_output]On February 22, our Director of K-12 Education Kristine Sorensen celebrated one year with NewBoCo. Sorensen joined the nonprofit on February 22, 2016. Over the last year, she has led NewBoCo’s K-12 STEAM education initiative, Imagination Iowa, including the Summer Challenge camps.
Now NewBoCo is a team of 17 and growing. Coworkers shared their favorite memories and traits to celebrate a year of Kristine Sorensen.
- It was thoughtful of Kristine to gift everyone personalized LEGOs. This was such a fun way to help the office feel more like a little family. A little LEGO family.
- I love that she is so sweet and thoughtful. I appreciate that she is always ready to listen and help.
- It’s been fun to see her discovering how neat this STEAM stuff is like playing with littleBits.
- She thinks about the wellbeing of others and tries to make sure everyone is taken care of.
- Kristine has a strong desire to see kids learn, grow, and succeed. It clearly motivates her to take on big challenges and her passion is infectious.
- I’ll never forget how Kristine helped me coach a team through some serious nerves before Launch Day 2016. Kristine took that team from a place of extreme stage fright to a place of confidence and security. Because of her patience and persistence, we helped them have an amazing Launch Day pitch.
- I love all of the amazing cookies and treats she brings to the office.
- She is very welcoming to new team members as they come to join NewBoCo.
- My favorite part about working with Kristine is her inspiration for what she does for kids. She really cares and it shows. It challenges me to look at my work in the same way when I’m feeling frustrated or stressed.
- She’s the most organized team member thanks to her love of color coding and lamination.