[vc_row padding_top=”0px” padding_bottom=”0px”][vc_column fade_animation_offset=”45px” width=”1/1″][text_output]On September 22, our Director of Development Kaitlin Byers celebrated one year with NewBoCo.
Byers joined the nonprofit on September 22, 2015, and her addition doubled the size of the staff. Over the last year, she has led the fundraising efforts to triple the size of the nonprofit’s budget.
Now, NewBoCo is a team of 13 and growing. Coworkers shared their favorite memories and traits to celebrate a year of Kaitlin Byers.
1. Kaitlin is genuinely interested in people and hearing their stories. She has a passion for all the great things that are being done at NewBoCo and wants as many people as possible to be a part of it. The more people that Kaitlin gets involved with what NewBoCo is doing, the more stories there will be to tell!
2. Kaitlin is very creative and energetic – working with her always is exciting!
3. I’m still reeling from the nonchalant retelling of her run-in with bears in the middle of nowhere. Fearless.
4. I’ve never seen Kaitlin in a bad mood. She always seems optimistic about whatever we’re working on and whatever is coming up.
5. Favorite work memory probably has to be Kaitlin landing a $150K grant from the Blackstone Foundation like a boss.
6. Her spirit. She naturally makes everyone around her better.
7. She knows EVERYBODY.
8. One of my favorite memories involves her love of donuts leading to the donut celebration at the loss of her Oswood “O” when she got married.
9. My favorite trait is that she kicks butt at what she does but always does it with a super friendly smile and a sophisticated professionalism.
10. Since I can only choose one favorite memory, I’d have to say when we both wanted to have lunch with cool women from the Corridor and make new friends, and then 100+ power ladies showed up.
11. Kaitlin is the perfect mix of Cedar Rapids royalty and Miss Congeniality because she radiates positivity and possibility. She knows everyone anywhere she goes, and you can’t help but smile when she’s in the room.
12. Anyone who knows Kaitlin knows her to be one of the sweetest, kindest people they know. We’re all lucky to have her as a coworker.[/text_output][/vc_column][/vc_row]