[vc_row padding_top=”0px” padding_bottom=”0px”][vc_column fade_animation_offset=”45px”][text_output]On May 26, our Director of Marketing Jessalyn Holdcraft celebrated one year with NewBoCo.
Holdcraft joined the nonprofit as the Marketing & Communications Coordinator for Iowa Startup Accelerator on May 26, 2015, after she graduated from Simpson College. She turned the dynamic duo of Eric Engelmann and David Tominsky into a terrific trio.
Over the last year, she is the chief marketer for each of the nonprofit’s programs and leading the launch of the NewBoCo brand.
Now, NewBoCo is a team of 8 and growing. Coworkers shared their favorite memories and traits to celebrate a year of Jessalyn Holdcraft.
1. She’s everywhere, capturing everything, telling the story of NewBoCo: the startups, the kids, the leaders. This is a story that needs to be told, and she makes it happen.
2. I like how Jessalyn is just Jessalyn, never waivers. “You be you girl, you be you!”
3. Jessalyn jumped in with both feet when she started and she fit right in. What I enjoy the most about working with Jessalyn is her unshakable confidence with a heavy dose of snark. Debates about the importance of the oxford comma and why a social media post may or may not suck are some of the highlights of our first year together.
4. I don’t have the right word for it but for you: I’ve been impressed by how well you handled the million things we have going on. Everyone is asked to wear a lot of hats, but it seems like you wear the most on any given day, yet you’re still trusted to handle whatever needs to be done.
5. She’s candid. She tells it like it is, says what she thinks, and the team is better off for it.
6. Jessalyn creates a fun, energized, and engaging work environment at all times! Whether she is coming up with creative and inventive approaches to marketing or establishing new office-related traditions aimed at bringing coworkers together-her constant dedication is what sets her apart from the rest. We can always rely on her to be completely tapped into all of our social media needs and she goes above and beyond in order to fully communicate all of the awesome work we are doing at NewBoCo to the extended community!
7. Jessalyn is very altruistic in her work. She is constantly manning a camera and capturing events that she put on and is running behind the scenes. She works hard to make sure NewBoCo is represented by excellence in our community.
8. Jessalyn is more than just a friendly face at NewBoCo. As the Marketing Director she’s a key player in the success of our programs, teaches us how to use Snapchat, and can answer the question “Who run the world?” without any hesitation.[/text_output][/vc_column][/vc_row]