Iowa EdTech Accelerator
The Midwest's First EdTech Accelerator
Iowa EdTech Accelerator is an intensive, highly focused 14-week program aimed at early stage (pre- or early-revenue) companies. Startups must be located in Iowa. The first cohort will be about five companies, and held in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Applications Opened on Monday, November 11, 2019
- Applications Closed on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 11:59PM
- Selection Decision: Monday, February 10
- Program Start Date: Monday, March 2, 2020
- Program End Date: Friday, June 5, 2020 (EntreFEST)
The program is a full-time commitment, requiring attendance during orientation week (March 2-7) and thereafter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for scheduled sessions. On the other days each week, you’re working on your business priorities as needed.
Capital Provided Through the $30 million ISA Ventures Fund
If accepted to Iowa EdTech Accelerator, you'll receive:
- Seed Capital For pre-revenue companies: $25k in initial capital and potentially an additional $75k if milestones are met; for revenue-generating companies, negotiable terms for capital from $25k to $1 million
- Coaching: Weekly sessions with experienced entrepreneurial leaders;
- Education: Workshops on everything from budgeting & financial modeling, sales & marketing; raising capital, and more;
- Mentoring: Access to an extensive mentor pool of experienced founders and industry experts;
- $1 million worth of software and other perks: including AWS and Google Cloud credits, massive discounts on CRM systems like Hubspot and Pipedrive, payroll software like Gusto, email systems like Sendgrid and payment processing via Stripe;
- Technical services: Hardware prototyping support in our labs and software prototyping support.
- Adam Keune, Higher Learning Technologies
- Ada Woo, ACT
- Michal Eynon-Lynch, Pear Deck
- Riley Eynon-Lynch, Pear Deck
- Shanti Elangovan, inquirED
Iowa EdTech Accelerator is a collaborative project led by NewBoCo, with partners including:
- ACT and ACTNext
- Higher Learning Technologies
- Iowa City Area Development Group
- Iowa Economic Development Authority
- The University of Iowa
Iowa EdTech Accelerator is a collaboration between regional business resources and education industry leaders, including Iowa City Area Development Group, The University of Iowa, Higher Learning Technologies, ACT, and NewBoCo, along with the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
Iowa EdTech Accelerator is proud to be part of GAN, a highly curated community of accelerators, all over the world. Being a part of the GAN network means that our startups have access to things like more than $1M in perks, opportunities to work out of any GAN Accelerator around the world for up to two weeks each, connections to corporate partners, possible investment from GAN Ventures, and more.