This 24-hour entrepreneurship and innovation event is designed to infuse entrepreneurship into the Coe Experience.
|Kohawk Startup Participant||$0|
Starts at 6 p.m. on October 26
Ends at 6 p.m. on October 27
Free to Coe College students
Rooms 218A/219A in the ARC (Athletics and Recreation Complex)
1220 1st Avenue NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
This 24-hour entrepreneurship and innovation event is designed to infuse entrepreneurship into the Coe Experience. Join us Friday night for networking and idea generation, form teams to learn about turning an idea into action and build a business around the idea. On Saturday, that process will continue, and the event will end with teams pitching and presenting their business ideas to a panel of judges for prizes. Top prize for the event is $1,000 with many other prizes available for competing teams. All meals provided. You do not need to have a team or an idea to participate.
Kohawk Startup Tentative Schedule
- 6 pm – Event Kickoff and Dinner
- 7 pm – Pitch Fire (Ideas Pitched)
- 8 pm – Teams Formed
- 8 – 9 pm – Idea Discussion and Customer Discovery
- 9 pm – 11 pm – Work Time (Customer Discovery, Problem Identification, & Solutions Research)
- 11 pm – Break for the day
- 8 am – Regroup teams to discuss Cohort Learning and Breakfast
- 8 am – 10 am – Mentor Matching and Customer Discovery Interviews)
- 10 am – 12 pm – Continued Customer Discovery Interviews and Problem Identification)
- 12 – 1 pm – Working Lunch and Presentations Workshop
- 1 – 3 pm – Work Time and Mentor Matching
- 3:00 – 3:45 pm – Final Pitch Preparation
- 4 – 6 pm- Final Presentations and Judging
If you are interested in attending, but have any conflicts due to other scheduled activities, please note those on the registration form. If you have any other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.