- This event has passed.
DeltaV: IT 201 – Foundations of Computer Operations
August 15, 2022 to September 9, 2022
The next step on your IT adventure! In this hands-on course, you will deploy and troubleshoot Windows and Linux operating systems in various virtual and cloud environments. You will practice and further develop key skills such as customer service, knowledge and process documentation, system shell proficiency, performance monitoring, system process management, issue handling, backup/imaging/recovery tools, and software application installation, maintenance, and removal.
360 Degrees of Preparedness
The course focuses on practical systems support and troubleshooting. You will utilize issue tracking systems and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management framework to communicate, resolve, and document issues and incidents. You will also study how endpoints interact with the greater IT infrastructure, exploring concepts such as network protocols, Wi-Fi, and server-based user identity support.
You’ll deepen your knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks, as well as skills like teamwork and project management. Plus, to make you absolutely career-ready, we’ve written career coaching activities into the 4-week curriculum!
IT support specialist, systems administrator, automation specialist, penetration tester, digital forensic examiner, information security specialist — DeltaV’s full IT program prepares you for any of these careers, and IT 102 gives you a taste of what that would look like!
At the end of this course, you will be able to land an entry-level IT Support Technician position with skills to:
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Assess user needs and recommend solutions
- Resolve technical issues in various virtual and cloud environments
- Contribute to and using a shared knowledge repository
- Respond to, log, track, and resolve support cases in an issue tracking system
- Apply a standardized troubleshooting methodology
- Utilize imaging, backup and recovery tools
- Deploy and supporting Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux operating systems
- Use Microsoft 365 and Exchange
- Install, update, and remove software applications
- Study and apply ITIL best practices to service delivery
- Monitor and tune endpoint performance
- Perform IT asset management in a systematic fashion
- Incorporate infrastructure connectivity concepts such as network protocols, Wi-Fi, Voice-over-IP (VoIP) telephony
- Troubleshoot endpoint network connectivity issues
- Be prepared for an IT 301 course
Need to Know
Unless you have a solid understanding of computer technology (you’ve built several PCs, set up local networks, and managed multiple operating systems on a single machine) you’ll definitely want to start with IT 102. But no worries! Apply below and speak with our advisors to build the right path for you!