DeltaV: IT 102 – Introduction to IT and Computer Operations
August 8 - August 12
A World of Opportunities
Are you computer-curious? Wonder how the pros build and upgrade their machines? Or configure virtual machines? Maybe you’ve already built a PC yourself! Or maybe you get a little spark of excitement when you see a computer error because you know there will be something to learn from trying to fix it.
If any of this describes you, then DeltaV’s IT 102 is the ideal space to deepen your understanding of computer technology, excite your brain through problem solving, and ignite your imagination!
IT support specialist, systems administrator, automation specialist, penetration tester, digital forensic examiner, information security specialist — DeltaV’s full IT program prepares you for any of these careers, and IT 102 gives you a taste of what that would look like!
By the end of the 5-day program, you will:
- Have confidence in performing basic computer technical operations within an operating system
- Dive deeper into how computer workstations function by disassembling a machine
- Get introduced to IT operations concepts like provisioning, virtualization, and working with hardware interfaces
- Develop proficiency in installing new software and peripherals
- Be fully prepared for the challenges ahead in IT 201
- Have a wider network of new and experienced information systems professionals, and prepare your resume for all the awesome new skills you are about to learn
And, after successfully completing IT 102, you will have marketable skills to enter the technology field. No obligation to continue, so find what fulfills you! We’re eager to help you start your journey and fully prepared to support you along the way.
Need to Know
No experience necessary, but you will need a computer updated with the latest version of your particular OS and all security patches installed.
DeltaV is proud to be GI Bill® approved so that we may serve the brave veterans who have served us!
Need-based scholarships are also available. Click the button below, then choose the link to speak with an advisor about this or any other questions!