Iowa Edtech Accelerator
Iowa EdTech Accelerator is an intensive, highly focused 14-week program aimed at early-stage (pre- or early-revenue) companies. The first cohort was five companies and held in Iowa City, Iowa. The Accelerator is powered by NewBoCo, a 501(c)(3) organization. Startups must be located in Iowa.
– or –
Iowa EdTech Accelerator is a collaboration between regional business resources and education industry leaders, including Iowa City Area Development Group, The University of Iowa, Higher Learning Technologies, ACT, and NewBoCo, along with the Iowa Economic Development Authority.
The program is a full-time commitment, requiring attendance during orientation week (March 2-7) and thereafter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for scheduled sessions. On the other days each week, you’re working on your business priorities as needed.
Capital provided through the $30 Million ISA Ventures Fund.
If accepted to Iowa Startup Accelerator, you’ll receive:
- Seed Capital For pre-revenue companies: $25k in initial capital and potentially an additional $75k if milestones are met; for revenue-generating companies, negotiable terms for capital from $25k to $1 million
- Coaching: Weekly sessions with experienced entrepreneurial leaders;
- Education: Workshops on everything from budgeting & financial modeling, sales & marketing; raising capital, and more;
- Mentoring: Access to an extensive mentor pool of experienced founders and industry experts;
- $1 million worth of software and other perks: including AWS and Google Cloud credits, massive discounts on CRM systems like HubSpot and Pipedrive, payroll software like Gusto, email systems like SendGrid and payment processing via Stripe;
- Technical services: Hardware prototyping support in our labs and software prototyping supportG
- Adam Keune, Higher Learning Technologies
- Ada Woo, ACT
- Michal Eynon-Lynch, Pear Deck
- Riley Eynon-Lynch, Pear Deck
- Shanti Elangovan, inquirED
- ACT and ACTNext
- Higher Learning Technologies
- Iowa City Area Development Group
- Iowa Economic Development Authority
- The University of Iowa
NewBoCo's Innovation Services offers a full suite of services to take your startup to the next level. We offer web and application programming, Agile and leadership development, creative and design services, marketing services, WordPress development, and hardware prototyping and engineering.
ISA Ventures is Iowa’s first multi-stage venture capital studio, working closely with founders to build Iowa-based companies through their growth and evolution. We focus on companies in biotechnology, healthcare, and medical tech; education tech; engineering and automation tech; agriculture, food & bio-processing tech; insurance & finance tech; and transportation & logistics technologies.
Visit our venture capital partner
NewBoCo is proud to be part of GAN, a highly curated community of accelerators, all over the world. Being a part of the GAN network means that our startups have access to things like more than $1M in perks, opportunities to work out of any GAN Accelerator around the world for up to two weeks each, connections to corporate partners, possible investment from GAN Ventures, and more.
Visit the accelerator network