NewBoCo is looking for a Software Developer in Cedar Rapids to design and develop applications for funded startups and high growth companies.
You will work closely with our staff and customers in order to ensure we are delivering world class software.
In this role, you will:
- Work with NewBoCo Software Developers to design, develop, and support functional software that meets customer needs.
- Identify issues and bugs, and devise creative solutions to mitigate and address them.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Collaborate with customer teams to develop systems and meet customer needs.
- Mentor other software developers, including apprentice developers from our DeltaV Code School
Required Skill and Experience:
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining large-scale web-based applications in Microsoft .NET Framework and/or .NET Core
- Managing and deploying .NET applications on cloud-based platforms such as Azure
- Creating application databases with SQL Server (manually or code first using Entity Framework)
- Test-driven development and/or Behavior-driven development
- Configuring and using CI/CD pipelines in Azure from GitHub
- Being a part of Scrum teams with weekly sprints, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner with experience in such a role, defining priorities and scope
- Client-side technologies and UX design principles
- Writing and/or presenting about technical topics at conferences or events
- Working directly with both customers and end-users
- Gathering feedback in an iterative fashion, using exploratory testing and other techniques
- This role requires some flexible hours and occasional travel to client locations.
- This role is not a remote developer role; this role needs to be primarily in Cedar Rapids during regular working hours, but you can work from home or from other locations occasionally
- You’ll be required to pass a background check, and enter an agreement to safeguard proprietary information of NewBoCo and our clients, as a part of the on-boarding process.
- Benefits include company contributions to health/vision/dental insurance plans and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match
If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a resume (or linkedIn profile)
- examples of, or descriptions of, applications you’ve developed
- a link to your GitHub profile
- anything else that you think helps tells us why you’re the best candidate for this role