Network / Systems Administrator
DeltaV is currently looking for adult career changers to complete a 9-week Systems Administrator full-time training program. Upon successful completion, participant resumes will be sent to local employers who are hiring to fill Systems Administrator positions. Applicants are encouraged to be eager learners and interested in computer hardware, software, and networking. At the end of the course, students will be ready for a career in network/systems administration, a highly sought after field in the Iowa Corridor. Full tuition awards are available for applicants whose jobs were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants will learn practical network and systems administration operations such as network design and troubleshooting, server deployment and configuration, user identity management, scripting & automation, and system health monitoring with professional exercises in change management and project planning in a simulated on-the-job narrative.
Competencies successful participants will gain include, but are not limited to:
- Implement ITIL change and configuration management best practices
- Apply Agile project management methodologies to IT systems administration
- Design and deploy a client-server infrastructure
- Administer critical IT and network systems
- Practice identity management in Active Directory (AD)/LDAP protocol
- Deploy and use a database in Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- Analyze how cloud systems can integrate into on-premise systems
- Automate OS tasks using scripting languages Bash, Powershell, and Python
- Design and deploy a complete enterprise-grade network infrastructure including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Troubleshoot challenging network problem scenarios
- Implement network protocols TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and routing
- Oversee patch management of various systems
- Resolve network problems using network analyzer tools and network management solutions
This course will substantially prepare you for achieving the learning objectives of CompTIA Network+ certification. This course covers significant aspects of four of the five domains required for Network+.
- CompTIA Network+ N10-007
- 1.0 Networking Concepts
- 2.0 Infrastructure
- 3.0 Network Operations
- 5.0 Network Troubleshooting and Tools
DeltaV does not require applicants to have prior experience running or maintaining computer systems or network administration. Applicants are expected only to be eager and prepared to learn.