NewBoCo Diversity Statement
K-12 Education Logistics Summer Assistant
The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative (NewBoCo) is a 501c3 non-profit located in the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The organization is dedicated to making the state of Iowa more resilient to a changing economy by supporting entrepreneurship, innovation, and tech education.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. Black, Indigenous, People of color, Women, LGBTQIA+, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This position would support NewBoCo’s K-12 Education programs along with the K–12 Education team leading up to, and during the summer months. This is a very fast paced, service focused team with opportunities to lead the implementation and expansion of local and statewide programs. The position would be part time with a maximum of 30 hours per week, with an estimated period of May through August. Potential for part-time hours or flexible schedule in May and August to accommodate school schedules and workshop needs.
- Ordering workshop materials
- Organizing materials for specific workshops
- Organizing large events
- Supporting teacher workshops
- Answering questions about our student or teacher facing programs
- Managing the delivery of workshop materials to participants
- Communicating workshop details to participants
- Tracking deliverables
- Handling customs for workshop materials
- Onsite support of workshops
- Support virtual workshops on Zoom
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience managing materials logistics
- Detailed organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Comfortable with learning new things
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and share ideas to make changes
- Self-starter, willing to ask questions to get the job done
- Experience with K-12 education
- Experience with computer science education
- Experience with STEM education
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Zoom
Some details you should know
- In-state travel may be necessary. Saturday availability is necessary.
- You’ll be required to pass a background check, and enter an agreement to safeguard proprietary information of NewBoCo and our clients, as a part of the on-boarding process.
If you are interested, apply and include
- A resume
- Why you are interested in this position and what previous related experience you have
- Answers to our optional Equal Opportunity questions
The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative is committed to the principles of Diversity, Equity Inclusion as well as Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. To monitor our EEO/AA efforts and to comply with government record keeping, grant reporting and other legal requirements, we need to collect information from our job applicants. Completion of this self-identification form is voluntary. This information is not provided to the hiring manager. You will not be subjected to any adverse treatment if you do or do not provide the information requested. We would, however, appreciate your response.