NewBoCo Diversity Statement
Director of Student Services - DeltaV Code School
The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative (NewBoCo) is a 501c3 non-profit located in the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The organization is dedicated to making the state of Iowa more resilient to a changing economy by supporting entrepreneurship, innovation, and tech education.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. Black, Indigenous, People of color, Women, LGBTQIA+, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director of Student Services will be an integral part of the Adult Education team at NewBoCo, working mostly closely with students enrolled in the organization’s DeltaV Code School programs. Since 2017, DeltaV has assisted over 100 adult career changers find meaningful careers in high-demand fields. This role will lead the enrollment, retention, career placement, and alumni relations functions.
- Serve as the primary contact for existing DeltaV students who require accommodations, support services, or aid. Work with community and public resources and the instructional team with a solutions oriented approach.
- Serve as the first point of contact regarding inquiries on DeltaV programming.
- Develop and execute a recruiting and marketing strategy with the support of NewBoCo instructional staff and marketing teams.
- Support the onboarding of new students into DeltaV programming, including delivering orientation and information sessions.
- Establish and foster relationships with external stakeholder groups to include colleges, employment partners, and trade associations.
- Assist in career planning and the instruction of career specific education modules such as resume, mock interviews, and presentation skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- An understanding of motivators of adult learners and their needs.
- Able to manage and track prospective students, current students, and alumni.
- Able to think creatively in resolving concerns and challenges.
- Able to communicate clearly and honestly, in a professional manner.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience in customer support.
- Experience with recruiting or sales.
Unicorn Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience coaching or tutoring adults.
- Experience in college admissions.
- Experience working within a Software Development or IT Role.
Some details you should know
- This is a full-time, salaried role commensurate with experience.
- Requires flexibility to work limited evening and weekend hours (rare, but may occur throughout the year) as needed for classes, projects and events.
- You’ll be required to pass a background check, and enter an agreement to safeguard proprietary information of NewBoCo and our clients, as a part of the on-boarding process.
- Benefits include Open PTO Policy, company contributions to health/vision/dental insurance plans and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match.
If you are interested, apply and include
- A resume
- Why you are interested in this position and what previous related experience you have
- Answers to our optional Equal Opportunity questions
The New Bohemian Innovation Collaborative is committed to the principles of Diversity, Equity Inclusion as well as Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. To monitor our EEO/AA efforts and to comply with government record keeping, grant reporting and other legal requirements, we need to collect information from our job applicants. Completion of this self-identification form is voluntary. This information is not provided to the hiring manager. You will not be subjected to any adverse treatment if you do or do not provide the information requested. We would, however, appreciate your response.