Today we’re celebrating Alison Mohr’s one-year anniversary of joining the team here at NewBoCo. Alison serves as our Assistant Director for K12 education, and over the past year she has played a key role in taking our CoderDojos virtual, working on our Code.org Professional Learning opportunities, and advancing our K12 program throughout the state.
Alison has had a big impact with us in just one year. Here are just a few thoughts that our staff had to share:
- “I love working with Alison! Her calm approach and can-do spirit makes every project fun and successful.”
- “Alison is the perfect addition to our K12 STEM team! Her easy-going nature and eagerness to grow our STEM offerings is so very welcomed. Alison takes everything in stride and is such a team player. I have simply loved working with her.”
- “Alison is a team player and always willing to help out. She is inquisitive and asks the right questions. She is genuinely curious and good at learning new skills and seeing them executed in new environments.”
- “Alison has been such a great addition to the K-12 team. She brings fantastic ideas, great organization, and a “let’s do it” attitude that has had an immediate impact on the growth of our K-12 programming. We are really fortunate to have her at NewBoCo.”
- “Alison has been a wonderful addition to our team! Her skills and background compliment our needs, and she has helped our K–12 programs expand this year. She’s great to hang out with, and I look forward to when we can do that in person again.”
- “I had the opportunity to work with Alison 2 summers ago helping out with our Code.org summer workshops and I loved getting to know her. When I heard she was joining the NewBoCo team, I was so excited, I can’t believe it’s already been a year! (scream) Alison is such a great addition to the NewBoCo fam and is always willing to help out across all the different teams. I can’t wait for the day where we get to work in person together again!”
- “Alison is one of the more thoughtful and considerate people I have ever worked with. She’s always helpful and encouraging and relates to people without any effort. She is hardworking, knowledgable, and proactive. Best kind of teammate to have, honestly.”
- “I was impressed with Allison as a Code.org facilitator, and it’s been great to have her on the team to support and complement Samantha. My most vivid memory is BBQ lunch together in Storm Lake after she joined the team, followed by my child throwing up all over the van. Not Allison’s fault, of course.”
- “Alison brings a positive energy and spirit of collaboration to everything she does. She does such a good job of engaging people, making them feel included and comfortable. Our Future City event was such a good example of this.”
- “As soon as Alison came on board, she had ideas for videos, for projects, and other contributions that made an immediate impact. It’s not every day that you get a new team member who hits the ground running on Day One, but Alison did, and both NewBoCo and computer science students all over Iowa are better for it.”
- “This year has flown! I have enjoyed all of the encounters I have had with Alison. She is always a calm, diligent presence, yet she has a great sense of humor and ability to laugh! My favorite memory was being able to go on a maternity leave/baby shower shopping spree for her with monies donated by our staff. I had so much fun finding things I thought she’d enjoy in addition to the fun baby items our neighborhood offers. It was truly rewarding to know she enjoyed those items and felt cared about by our team!”
If you see Alison, please congratulate her for making such a big impact in such a short time. We’re lucky to have her here.