EntreFEST is one of Iowa’s largest entrepreneurship and innovation conferences. For the past few years it has primarily focused on high-impact speakers and workshops aimed at entrepreneurs and innovators in existing companies. Previous keynote speakers include Scott Belsky of Adobe, marketing icon Seth Godin, and Warby Parker’s Neil Blumenthal.
As we planned the 2019 event for May 16th and 17th, the organizing team noted the large number of fast-growth startups in Iowa that are software & technology companies. To help build our region’s software development capabilities, we are adding an experimental track for software developers focused on:
- Mobile, web, and cloud software development practices
- Emerging technologies and techniques that developers need to know
- Building a culture and environment where software developers thrive
- The challenges of building tech-driven startups and companies
To help identify and select the headlining speakers for the developer track, several local software developers joined the EntreFEST organizing team :
- Jessica Bertling, NewBoCo UI/UX Developer & DeltaV Code School Instructor
- Keith Dahlby, NewBoCo Software Architect & DeltaV Code School Instructor
- Usha Kachegere, UFG Insurance Application Development Team Lead
- Jason Logan, UFG Insurance Application Developer & DeltaV Code School Graduate ’17
We are accepting applications for developer track speakers through February 11th. EntreFEST takes pride in hosting speakers from varied backgrounds, and we encourage all to apply.
NewBoCo produces the event and is deeply involved in the technology industry in Iowa, leading the state’s Code.org partnership to teach Computer Science in every school in the state, and operates Iowa’s only full-time adult code school, DeltaV, in Cedar Rapids. Our software team also helps startups develop early versions of their products and assists growing businesses scale their technology stacks.
Also published on Medium.